31 Aug 2012

My friend Sara's house in Newport, Wales

















I took some photos at my friend Sara's house back in May I have been meaning to share with you. Sara lives in Newport, Wales and is a photography student. Her house is full of lovely little gems and treasures collected from her research into exhibitions and artists, displayed alongside darkroom test prints and other illustrations. It is also a cornucopia of art books and magazines that you can spend hours browsing and lose track of time in completely. Sara showed me the vintage peach silk jacket that her mum passed down to her, which she now wears as pyjamas. She looked very nonchalant lounging around the house in it. At the time she was curating an exhibition involving her fellow course mates at the Newport Waterfront exhibition space which she also exhibited in. I attended the opening night, which went off with a bang and had everyone gushing glowing reviews. The last photograph is a still from the film that Sara's boyfriend Michael made which he had on display at the exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment